If you are seeing the "Error loading media" or similar message when trying to play a video take the following steps:
- Try playing a video from a different day.
- If another video plays without problems please contact email@example.com and let us know you are having trouble playing a specific video and not all videos. Provide the date of the video and we'll look into it.
- If none of the videos are playing for you then there is something on your end that is causing the problem. Continue to Step 4.
The problem with playback may be caused by your browser and the permission settings around using Adobe Flash player. Below are links to how to fix this problem depending on the type of browser you're using. The type of browser you use is important - Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge.
Try a Google search "Error loading media: File could not be played" and the name of the browser you use.
Here is some additional information and links that might help:
The Flash plugin is used for embedded audio and video on some websites. When the Flash plugin is missing, a message will appear in place of the content:
- "A plugin is needed to display this content" indicates that the plugin is not installed on your machine.
Note: If Flash is disabled in the Add-ons Manager, you won't be able to use it.
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- Review the list of plugins.
- To enable Flash, click on and select in its drop-down menu.
If you see a Run Adobe Flash icon on web pages, where the plugin content should be, you'll need to click on the icon to activate the plugin:
For more information, see Why do I have to click to activate plugins?.